AboutThis a port of the PuTTY secure shell terminal software for UIQ3 -based phones, based on Petteri Kangaslampi's PuTTY for Symbian OS Version 1.4 beta 1. It supports the following features:
- SSH protocol version 1 and 2
- Terminal emulation, colors
- S2F -font support, comes with 4 different fonts
- Private key authentication using keys generated with PuTTYGen
- WLAN, 3G, GPRS connectivity
- Logging support for debugging
Compatibility and notesThe software has been tested with Sony-Ericsson's P990i (both FO and FC modes are supported), M600i and W950.
- The screen might not refresh properly between flip open and close.
- The "inverse screen" toggle does not do anything as of yet.
ChangelogIssues fixes in 1.09(10) :
- Installation to Memory Stick works properly now.
- Option to input non-standard port numbers.
- Fixed "bad name" error some people were getting (thanks to sbellon for testing).
FAQQ: The ESC key missing and I'm using vi/vim.
A: Escape is just used to signify Meta on Unix. You can use Alt-: to enter the command mode in vi. Also, real men use Emacs :-)
Q: I can't find the pipe character.
A: Pipe character is available from the virtual keyboard.
Q: Are you still developing this application?
A: Currently it seems I'm not. I'm changing phones to a E90 and will probably do some development on PuTTY there.
DownloadCurrent version is 1.0(10).
Please do not distribute this software on any other sites, nor link directly to the SIS installation file (so people will always get the latest build and latest release notes and an opportunity to leave feedback). Linking to this page is fine.
If you like this application and would like me to continue developing it, please consider donating something. You can donate via PayPal by clicking the button below.